- Name : Prof. (Dr.) Sujit Kumar Khuntia
- Designation : Professor & HEAD
- Email : email@example.com
- Contact No : +91 9861077862
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest departments of the College of Engineering Bhubaneswar (COEB). It has been establised in 2003. The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been actively engaged in teaching and research in diverse fields of Mechanical Engineering. With excellent faculty, the Department of Mechanical Engineering offers undergraduate (B.Tech) and graduate (M.Tech) in Heat Power Engineering.
1) Imparting quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
2) Maintaining vital, state-of-the-art research facilities to provide its students and faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
3) To develop linkages with world class R&D organizations and educational institutions in India and abroad for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
“The Mechanical Engineering Department strives to be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to well-qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of engineering and research”
1. To develop and maintain a strong academic staff base for optimum departmental performance.
2. To integrate teaching and research for preservation and effective application of knowledge and skills.
3. To improve, develop and establish teaching and research programs in line with country’s industrialization needs.
4. To develop and promote quality and market driven academic and professional pursuits.
5. To expand, strengthen and sustain the departmental income base.
6. To strengthen and expand collaboration and partnerships with industry and other organization.
7. To establish culture of hard work, good governance in leadership and management of the department.
8. To develop, promote and carry out programs for epidemic and disaster prevention as well as risk management.